You may be exhausted due to a time zone change but you can still read From the Screamsheets, GAMA Trade Show edition! The R. Talsorian Games crew spent the last week at the GAMA Trade Show, which is the big hobby games industry conference held each year. Publishers, manufacturers, and retailers came together in beautiful Reno, Nevada to learn, connect, and get a sense of what the next year in hobby gaming will be like.
Trade secret? We think it is gonna be good!
Mike Pondsmith Speaks!
As a former GAMA president and Origins Hall of Fame member, Mike was asked by the present leadership to lead a seminar on the topic of his choice. Mike’s choice?
How to Avoid all the Stupid Mistakes I Made on the Way to Game Design Success
We’ve got a recording of the seminar, which offered some fantastic insights on how to make a successful game, and will be uploading it as soon as we get a moment to do a small bit of video magic with it. Until then, here’s a few of Mike’s tips:
- Be ready to kill your baby.
- Pay attention to how players use your game to do things besides play your game.
- Know your market.
- Own a Hawaiian shirt.
Our Boring Vacation Pictures!
We snapped some great photos while we were at GAMA and thought we’d share them with you!
While we were at GAMA Trade, we had several meetings to discuss and plan the upcoming year. Here’s our current release schedule.
The Witcher TRPG
- Lords and Lands (GM screen + Player Options Booklet): June/July 2019
- Witcher TRPG Easy Mode (Quickstart Rules + Adventure): June 15, 2019
- A Witcher’s Journal (Bestiary): August 1, 2019 [GenCon debut]
- A Witcher’s Book of Tales (Adventure Compilation): Date TBD
- Cyberpunk Red (Core Rulebook): August 1, 2019 [GenCon debut]
Please note, all the above is subject to change.
That’s it for this week! We’ll return with the Trivia Contest next weekend! Until then, keep your swords sharp and stay safe on the streets!