After a week off for GenCon, From the Screamsheets returns. As expected, the debut of The Witcher TRPG has the spotlight this time around as we look at where R. Talsorian Games is being mentioned in the news and on the blogs.
Roll for Crit
YouTube channel Roll for Crit released a great video from the convention floor, talking about The Witcher Table-Top RPG.
The team at Roll for Crit weren’t the only ones chatting up The Witcher TRPG!
- Polygon interviewed Cody Pondsmith, the game’s lead developer and he had some solid advice on how to handle some of the adult themes the video game series is famous for while gaming face to face at the table.
- Just before GenCon, The Witcher TRPG made Geek and Sundry‘s most anticipated list for the convention!
- Likewise, Witcher was at the top of ENWorld’s new release spotlight!
- And the game popped up in a few other places on YouTube as well!
A Different Sort of Witcher Video
Also on YouTube, WitcherGeorge used The Witcher TRPG as an official lore source to provide an update on the six witcher schools. As much as we appreciate our game being played, we also love the idea of witcher fans across the world using our RPG to better understand a beloved property.
Other R. Talsorian Notes
Just because it was a big week for The Witcher TRPG doesn’t mean the rest of R. Talsorian Games was ignored by the internet!
- Want some more insight into the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 from CD Projekt Red? Our founder, Mike Pondsmith, spoke with Polygon and offers his thoughts on playing the game in first person as well as the inherent political nature of the genre of cyberpunk. In his own words: “Morality is cyberpunk”.
- Ground Punch is doing an actual play of Cyberpunk 2020. You can catch episode one here and episode two here.
That’s all for now. If you’re on the streets, stay safe choomba! If you’re on the Continent, keep your blades sharp!