Gen Con 2018 fast approaches and the R. Talsorian Games crew has entered a mad scramble to make sure we’re ready to go! As part of that rush, we’ve done our best to finalize plans for our booth and seminars at the con.
We’ve had a few questions about when people will be available at the booth to sign books. After some complex maths involving spreadsheets and statistics, we’ve worked out the following signing times:
- Mike Pondsmith (Cyberpunk, Mekton, Cybergeneration, Teenagers from Outer Space, Castle Falkenstein): Thursday from 3pm to 4:30pm and Friday from 3pm to 4:30pm.
- Cody Pondsmith (The Witcher TRPG): Thursday from 3pm to 4:30pm and Sunday from 11am to 2pm.
- Lisa Pondsmith (The Witcher TRPG): Friday from 11am to 1pm, Saturday from 11am to noon, and Sunday from 11am to noon.
- J Gray (Castle Falkenstein): Thursday from 2pm to 4pm and Friday from 10am to noon.
All four of our designers will be at the booth on other occasions but the above are the most solid points to pick up a signature in one of your books. We do want to caution that there’s always a chance an emergency or sudden change might alter our schedule.
Of course, our booth will always be manned so long as the exhibit hall is open. You can find us at #1752.
We recognize not everyone who is interested in R. Talsorian and our games can be at Gen Con. Our photographer and video expert, Tara Pondsmith, is working on a solution to livestream our four seminars. Assuming all the technical details work out, we’ll be livestreaming the seminars on Facebook. The videos will, hopefully, be posted for viewing at some point after the seminars end. The four seminars and the times they should be streaming are as follows. Note, all times are Gen Con local, which means Eastern Standard.
- Official Mekton Seminar on Thursday from 5pm to 6pm.
- The Witcher Q&A on Friday from 4pm to 5pm.
- What’s Coming Up for Castle Falkenstein on Friday from 5pm to 6pm.
- Everything Cyberpunk on Saturday from 6pm to 7pm.
Hopefully, everything will work out. Technical glitches involving gear and wifi may occur, so please forgive us if a livestream doesn’t happen.
R. Talsorian will also be featured on the official Gen Con streaming channel on Friday, from 6pm to 7pm.
Finally, our media ambassador, J Gray, is putting together press release and review lists. If you are part of a podcast/YouTube channel/blog/news site/other media outlet which covers roleplaying games and you would like your outfit on our news/reviews lists, please contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.